Saturday 31 August 2013

If something sounds too good to be true...


..it probably is. Yeah, I have heard that often. Often enough? Probably not. Joy by Jean Patou, £20 for 30 ml Eau de Parfum. From an ebay seller who had about a dozen to sell in total. Whose profile shows him/her to be a caravan/motor parts dealer. 
What could possibly be wrong?


Fake


Funny what happens to you when you really wish something to be true. All reason goes out of the window. It would have been such a great deal, but of course it wasn't. 
No idea what's in the bottle, but it smells revolting. It was actually really difficult to come up with a colour combination that is as ugly as the fragrance. Serves me right, and taught me a lesson. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy perfume from ebay, but if it sounds too good to be true.....


How and where to wear:
Fox repellent at the end of a very large garden


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely idea for a blog, Sabine! Scents can carry so many memories with them. I only have to smell a faint waft of Chanel No. 5, and I'm seven years old, and my mother is ending over me to tuck me up before she and my father go out for the evening. I can even see the pale green, lacy dress she is wearing and hear it rustle as she walks away. (Lorri)

    ReplyDelete